Essential oils ~ everybody is talking about them. I have had many people say to me, “I want to start using essential oils, but I don’t know what to do with them.” Essential oils are fragrant, highly concentrated natural constituents that are found in plants. They are what give the plant its characteristic odor and contain the healing power of the plant from which it was extracted. Simply put, they are nature’s provision to help improve and heal our bodies and the environment around us.
There are really no limits to the benefits of essential oils, and there are many ways you can use and apply them daily to improve your overall health and environment in your home, office or the places you spend your time.
In this segment, I am going to talk about our Immune Boost oil, which is a combination of clove, lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary essential oils, most commonly known as Thieves® oil. By themselves, the list of each oil’s benefits is astonishing, but combined in this powerful blend, the benefits are plentiful!
Here is a quick list of how Immune Boost can help:
• Boosts immune support
• Helps support healthy lung function
• Supports healthy sinus function
• Helps alleviate minor aches and pains
• Make your own DIY cleaner to disinfect around the home
• Purifies the air and eliminates odors
• Prevents wound infections and promotes faster healing
• Promotes lymphatic detoxing
• Reduces joint pain and discomfort
• Fights toe nail fungus
• Relieves bee stings and insect bites
This short list gives you an idea of just a few things Immune Boost can do, but we encourage you to do research and learn more about this amazing oil and its vast list of benefits. Explore it and use your imagination ~ you’ll be surprised at what you can do with it!
We want to share a few of the ways we are using Immune Boost to help get you started on the right track, but be creative ~ we’d love to hear how you are using it!
1. Diffuse it: The most common way, of course, is in a diffuser. They are easy to find. Check Amazon, Target or Wal*Mart as well as many online options. Follow the directions of your particular diffuser, but basically, it will require purified or distilled water (recommended) and just a few drops of Immune Boost. Only diffuse this oil for 15-30 minutes at a time to kill airbone bacteria and improve the conditions in your surrounding area. This is great for cold and flu season!
2. Apply it: Mix two drops of Immune Boost into 1 teaspoon of a carrier oil. We recommend organic extra-virgin coconut oil, but olive oil or any other carrier oil will work just fine. Apply it to the bottom of your feet for an immune boost, or on your chest and lungs for congestion, infection or trouble such as bronchitis. For laryngitis, apply to your throat. There are many maladies that topically-applied Immune Boost can help with.
3. Clean with it: Add a few drops to your pump soap or household cleaners. It is highly anti-bacterial and is great for killing germs. We recommend making your own DIY cleaner instead! This is what we use: 2 cups distilled or purified water, 1/2 cup white vinegar, 1 teaspoon castile soap (go light on soap), 3/4 cup hydrogen peroxide and 10 drops of Immune Boost ~ works like a charm!
4. Disinfect with it: Add a few drops to your dishwasher, dish water or washing machine ~ it’s a great disinfectant for those tough to clean dishes and leaves your clothes smelling good!
5. Inhale it: If you’re short on time, keep your bottle with you and swirl the bottle under your nose a few times a day to help with lung congestion, feeling under the weather, relieve allergy symptoms and headache, promote focus and uplift your mood! There are so many great benefits to inhaling Immune Boost!